Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Follow-up Coversation with Gas Company

The woman I spoke with yesterday from the gas company couldn't have been nicer or more sympathetic.  She expressed dismay that we had run out of gas just minutes into opening on a Friday night, and needed no prompting to realize the consequences of such a situation. The fact that we had run out of propane at home just a few night earlier was not lost on her. 

She immediately offered a credit toward our gas bill.

And as the saying goes, that doesn't bring little Johnny back, but it is what it is.  I have our schedule for delivery posted on the kitchen calender, and if we don't see the gasman that day I will be calling the company to confirm that he is on his way.  I am not real happy that I have to take this step to insure that we get our automatic fill-ups as required by our business, but I don't feel as though I have much choice.  I can't imagine that any other gas company is going to be that much better, frankly, and I feel as though at least this one will probably do their utmost to keep us from falling through the crack ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment