Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Flipping Burgers




Kevin had a pretty good time on Sunday, flipping burgers at the WC Burger-off.  I didn't manage to get a picture of the actual "flipping", but between Kevin, John Keller and Rob Jester, they managed to keep the grill hot and the burgers coming.  Still, somehow, when it was my turn at the meat steam tables, there were no burgers to be had except for a couple from SBF.  I ate mine while I was still standing in line, figuring it would only be hot for so long.  I never did get another.  And then, onto the salad station, no chili to be had.  I ended up begging Chef Rob for a ladle of chili direct from the pot.  I'm not sure how it went for other people, but my timing was not so good. At least I didn't pay for a ticket!

It was perfect weather for an outdoor event such as this - cold and sunny - and the company was solid.  A lot of people put a lot of effort into the day, and while I was not there when the farmers and growers spoke to the crowd, their efforts were what it was all about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment